"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Friday, December 23

oh--and p.s.

I don't know how I forgot this is my last entry---or what made me think of it right now (perhaps looking out from my 14th floor view at work and thinking about all the stories I've heard about the way this building can SWAY when an earthquake hits). Anyhoo, we experienced our first earthquake a few nights ago!! And when I say "we experienced" I really mean Molly experienced and I sat there with absolutely NO CLUE. I was sitting on the couch--glued to the episode of CSI (or SVU...one of those shows that takes over me), molly was in the room and Connor was on the phone. I had no idea what had gone on until Connor said "no one even got excited for that?? Can we at least get a 'whoop, whoop' for the earthquake?"!! I was pissed! It was a 4.something by us---which is not that big....but plenty big enough that you shouldn't be able to just sit completely oblivious through it. I did. But according to Mol, it felt like someone was running down the hall, and then it felt like someone was shaking the house. Haha. Typing that out makes me laugh! HOW IN THE HELL DID I MISS THAT?!!? So, if you've ever tried talking to me while I was watching CSI or SVU and you got mad at me for not having any response to you, please take comfort in the fact that you probably could have SHAKEN me and I still wouldn't have responded. That is all. Back to my newspaper!

CHRISTMAS EVE IS TOMORROW!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SVU rules, i understand! but i still think thats hilarious, well done!!
kel

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Janelle!! and SVU does rule.

Anonymous said...

so.... a few days after christmas i wrote your christmas card... and put it in an envelope... and went to your blog page to find your addy... to discover that you're leaving in late January! So i feel like it might take too long to get there and miss you? So i'll keep it til you get back, you know, along with all those other long letters i've written you ;) Miss you more than ever! Have amazing travels and then get your butt back here so we can play together! Love to Molly.... Love, Jo

Anonymous said...

Merry X-mAs and Happy New Year, if they have that over there.

Love,
Kevin and Jamie

Anonymous said...

janelle
happy new years!
i've been reading some of your stories and looking at the photos!! sounds like wellington was a great choice - your flat looks a million times better than the place i found over there! enjoy the warm, sunny holiday season. i can't wait to hear more about your adventures. laura higbie

Anonymous said...

you missed the earthquake? what are you made of... stone?

looks like you're having a good time. liked reading about it! would love to hear from you, oh, and you can read my blog, which has like, nothing about my life so much as a bunch of assholishness and foolishry :)

Anonymous said...

Merry Belated Christmas and Happy happy New Year!!! Loved your card! We all mss you!