"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Thursday, August 31

Spring has Sprung!!

Hello all! Well, according to our trusty weather people spring is offically here! You know what that means don't you? That's right--This FLORIDIAN survived her first ever winter season!! Way to go me :). Seeing the beautiful snow-covered mountains on the way to work each morning made it really difficult--but hey, I stuck it out! :). The girls (me, mols, and don't forget our car mills!) are down to our last 2 nights in Christchurch! We are pretty shocked--espcially thinking that in less then a month, we will be home-bound. Crazy! My last day of work is tomorrow and we'll spend Friday night packing up everything we own, preparing for one last whirlwind adventure around the south island! Unfortunately we'll have to part with our beloved Russel (the tent) for this part of the trip but I think we'll manage! So...the plan: We're leaving Christchurch on Sat and will spend the next 2 weeks traveling around the south island (Lake Tekapo, Mt. Cook, The Catlins, Milford sound,Queenstown,and the Glaciers for those of you keeping track). We've seen most of it already but are looking forward to going to a few of our favorite places as well as a few places we missed the first 2 times around! Then, it will be back to christchurch for a few days when we will desperately try to sell everything and anything we own (phones, tent, car, boots...). A bus and ferry ride later, we'll be having one last horay with the Wellington crew and will then be boarding a flight bound for FIJI! We'll spend 5 days lounging on the beaches before Destination: LA! A few days in LA with some friendly (and much-missed)faces (Jules, Ronnie, and Christel!!). And if we are extra lucky, maybe the Ellen tickets we requested will come through! Fingers crossed! So, it's official! I will be stepping foot in the US or A on Sept 28th. And while I'd like to think that I'll be seeing and/or talking to everyone soon after that, I'm sure the fact that I'll have no car, phone or money will make that a bit more difficult then I'd like! But hey, I'm cool with being a wonderer! So if you have a floor space, I'm there :). Just wanted to give you a bit of an update before we take off again. We probably won't have a computer much at all. I'll try to get one more blog up with some pictures of our trip around the south but other then that, I'll probably be in touch once I return from this fairy-tale world I've been living up for the past year. Hope this finds everyone well!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I one up your floor request, I have a futon. I live in rental cars so the futon could come with use of a truck. Interested yet? Oh yeah, there is a really good pizza place 3 blocks from me. :)
Looking forward to having you back in the same hemisphere!

Anonymous said...

okay, ante up...I offer a room with a bathroom and pool and hot tub!! So the pizza isnt so great but the home cooked meals are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Well I'm in late but never the less. I have a room with your left over stuff, a pool, no hot tub. New curtains so you can sleep until 3:00 in the afternoon to get your body clock back on track.

Anonymous said...

I have plenty of rooms and bathrooms. My house comes with a cute little Meagan and a sugar glider