"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Friday, July 25

A few visuals....descriptions at the end













































1) An example of what I see EVERYWHERE. Rice-paddy fields galore.
2) Kuang Si falls--pictures don't come close to doing it justice. We got to climb right into it. Amazing.
3) Tat Sae falls--reminded us of Dunn's River in Jamaica
4) An example of the scenary on our 2 day boat journey. Think those huts stand a chance in a storm?
5) Hmmm...one of the many "bridges" we walked across at the falls. Bridges here have put "swing bridges" to shame....
6) Our crowded boat--the one we were on for 14+ hours. We were a big happy family!
7)These are the boats that take people up and down the Mekong for hours on end...haha...LOVE IT
8) Crossing in the "ferry" from Thailand to Laos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nell,

These are amazing pictures! I want to just hang at the falls and walk that bridge! Thanks for checking in after you were safe and sound. Not sure I would have slept easily had I known about that trek.

I miss you lots--the photos help me to know you are doing exactly the right thing--living each day to the fullest. I just love it!

I love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

Excuse me!!!! How about name dropping Jose, for skyping you!!! We had a lovely convo.

I love both of you!!!! Please be safe!!! Stop eating bugs

Unknown said...

i might want to get some of your photos to frame ;) they are nice.