"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Saturday, September 3

It's getting real!

Well, I just sold my car! Putting it up for sale was the first reality check, and now that it's sold, it's really starting to sink in that I'm leaving for a long time! The next few days are going to be pretty hectic. My last day of work is on the 9th and I have lots of packing to do (any tips on how to pack for a year are needed!) and little things to take care of before I leave. Not to mention getting in all my 'goodbyes' with friends and family. I know a lot of people don't know the actual date I'm leaving the country--so, the flight to New Zealand is Sept. 25th at 11pm (from LA). My trip starts on the 15th with me going to Philly to spend a weekend with Molly's family (and help her pack!) and then we are flying to LA to spend some time with friends before leaving for good. The days are starting to fly by and my emotions are so mixed. Scared to death, excited as all hell, nevous about going with Molly and so freakin excited to be going with Molly. All we can think about is how we're going to be feeling when we're going to the airport. GULP!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

if this gets through I am becoming such a computer wizard don't you think???

Anonymous said...

You only live once and if you do it right...once is enough!! One year may not be enough girly!

Anonymous said...

you two will have a freaking blast. Hey Janelle, make sure you bring me back a souveneir. Shot Glass preferably.

Anonymous said...

This blogger thing is new right here for me! I'm fighting tears of... happiness - excitedness, proudness. Did you mention the flight date from Philly to LA? Inquiring minds want to know. The thing is ... you chose to dance (even if it is in the mosh pit).

Anonymous said...

Life is what you make of it. Live like you will never see the light of tomorrow. The adventures of your life will stay in your heart forever. Pack Light, all you need is your mind, body, and spirit. And maybe a camera.
christel

Anonymous said...

This sure is new to us. We will miss your smiles but hope to see them here. Enjoy, experience and be SAFE. Anytime - anything just let us know.
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Janelle - This is a great way to keep up with you. I love it. We love you and will miss you greatly. Enjoy. Life only happens once make the most of it. Always know that your family supports you and we are here for you. If you need anything just let us know.


PS> Ella is doing great. Meagan adores her.

Anonymous said...

Janelle-joyce is showing me how this works. We love you. Grandma and grandpa crowley