"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Wednesday, September 14

Tears Galore

Using Ashley to test out adding pics to this thing! Looks like it works! I'm leaving Florida on Thursday and things are starting to REALLY sink in. I said goodbye to my mom, brother and cat on Sunday and I took it a lot harder then I had expected. Saying goodbye for what we intend (my parents and friends are making it clear that if I happen to come home in 3 months, the trip isn't a 'failure'! Nice try guys--but I doubt that's gonna happen!) to be a year is really different then saying goodbye to go to school. I'm taking Ella (my sugar glider) to her new home today, and then saying more goodbye's to friends. As excited as I am to finally start this trip, the goodbye's are killing me. The stress is really starting to set in and as Keri, Maria, and Molly have already discovered--I'm a mess!! I can't make a decision to save my life and have been trying to fit too much into a day! And ironically enough, here I am typing in my blog! Writing is calming though and since I'm driving to pick up my cousin in a little bit, having what will prove to be my daily drink (for the next 3 days) of cocunut rum and pineapple juice isn't really the best "calming" option right now!! So writing is next in line! :) No one is allowed to cry in front of me for the next week---I'm a facuet and just can't handle it!! Love you all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Really, Janelle...in case it does happen it's okay! You know 2 months, 3 months...:-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Janelle,
We are all missing you here at work, but know that you are going to have one of the most fantastic "life experiences" that so many people can only dream of.
You are going to have an AMAZING time!!!
Anway, I was able to get some information about my cousin in New Zealand, here is what I found:
Name: Cathy Cunningham
Company: Empire Events
Email: cathyc@empireevents.co.nz
I tried sending her a note, but it didn't go through, and I am not sure why, but you might want to give it a shot!
Good luck and I can't wait to hear about your adventures!!!!

Anonymous said...

Janelle;
This is going to be an incredible experience for you!! Enjoy every moment of it, regardless of whether it is a triumph or tragedy because you may never have this opportunity again. We all miss you here at work (Access is still Access, can I get a "Yeay??".....Silence...) Anyway, have tons of fun and I am loving the blog!! I really want to visit New Zealand/Australia one day soon and I have an amazing opportunity in experiencing it through your eyes. Can't wait for the next update!!

Anonymous said...

JC,
Cant wait to see you in LA. I dont know how to say bye to you ;( TEAR...
christel

Anonymous said...

yay yay yay!! aussie dippity ditty part 1.5 (i say 1.5 cause its not a whole one til the whole group is present) is only a few days away!!! im so excited to see you two lovebirds, you know how much i love you guys and our 112 memories. i'm so jealous you're returning to the southern hemisphere...see you in my neck of the woods soon!! love you!

Anonymous said...

So I'm about to go home after dropping you off to begin your wonderful journey and I know the house will be empty,devoid of you and the pets. yeah this is getting pretty real right about now. Knowing how great this is going to be makes it workable. Talk soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh my God...its real you left us...best wishes and stay in touch. LUV U.

Anonymous said...

this is just practice to see if it gets through to you in the right form