"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Thursday, May 8

T-Minus 7 days


Well, well! Who would have thunk I'd be returning to the blogging world after such a long absence! But, here I sit exactly 1 week before heading out! For those of you who are in the dark, I'm going to Chiang Mai, Thailand to take a 4-week TEFL (teaching english as a foreign language) course...and then, hopefully to...well, TEACH! My bags (or should I say BAG...If I learned anything from my NZ travels, it's to pack LIGHT!) are nearly packed and all the paperwork is done. I have a few things left to take care of (selling my car...all too familiar!) but I imagine the next week will mostly consist of studying (I have a whole packet of work I have to get through before the start of the course!) and maintaining a constant, steady buzz! Once again...all too familiar! It's how I prepared for Australia and NZ...and I don't see how this trip should be any different! Mr. Woodchuck has a way of keeping my mind at ease. Hey! Don't judge...you'd prolly be doing the same if you were preparing to get on a 17 hour flight to a country where you know no one...and can only hope they speak a little English! That being said, I couldn't be more excited! I'll be maintaining this blog the way I did from NZ. Pictures and posts when I can to keep anyone interested up-to-date. I don't like imposing with mass e-mails so I'll leave it up to you! Save the website for a rainy day! I'm leaving FL May14th...leaving Houston May 17th...and leaving NY (JFK-Chiang Mai) May 21st.


Here goes nothin...come along for the ride when you can! It might get pretty interesting!


LoveLove

1 comment:

Unknown said...

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”

proud of you beanie...can't wait to see where this journey takes you. love you.