"Not all who wander are aimless. Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."

Wednesday, May 21

Tomorrow, Tomorrow...only a day away!

I'd be lying if I said "I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow". Not that I "don't believe it"...just that it hasn't hit me. And as one KDL pointed out, it probably won't hit me until the trip has come and gone. Though, I'm bound to have some kind of overflow of emotion on the plane tomorrow...if not there, than certainly in the Thailand airport! For now, I'm very cool, calm and collected. And no...that's not the Woodchuck cider talking! I've had a great few days visiting with friends and family...even got a small dose of my Merig cousins activities (soccer for Dreya, tennis for Galen, Recorder concert for Tari...and non-stop entertainment from Caleb). I'm catching an 8am train to JFK airport in the morning...then my 17 hour plane adventure begins at 11:35am. I'm feeling a bit of a sore throat coming on...which would not be my ideal way to start this trip...but I'm prepared with all the mommy medicines and will hopefully have this thing beat...either that or it will fester for 17 hours on the plane and I'll feel like crap when I land :) But hey, lets think positive, shall we?! Fabulous. In case there are others out there as worried as the mother (grandma...), you'll be happy to know that I'm registered with the US embassy in Thailand...so they have all my info (and dad's) in case they need to get in contact with me/him.

My address from June 2nd-June 27th (the center won't accept mail for me after this date):

Janelle Crowley [CELTA course]
Nugent Waterside
39-39/1 Moo 9
Ban Phe Doi Tham
Tambon Nam Prae,
Amphur Hang Dong,
Chiang Mai
50230

If you get the urge to send a letter (no need to send parcels...Aunt Joyce, I traded 2 t-shirts for some underwear! :) )...you'll be required by the post shop to recite my address 5 times before you can send it :) Good luck!

So long...farewell...something, something, something...adieu

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Now your adventure begins...
Can't wait to hear/read all about it.